This is a great, easy recipe that can be enjoyed as a side or a main dish. Halloumi is a great source of calcium and a good source of protein. We love this dish because it adds a great flavour to Halloumi, but also maintains majority of the incredible health properties of Jarrah Honey. Jarrah Honey's unique properties change when heated, so it is important to consume it raw as often as possible. Suited for vegetarians.
1/2 lemon (fresh juice)
1tsp Jarrah Honey
Chilli and pepper to taste
Optional: Salad to serve with
1. Slice the halloumi into thick pieces (approx 5mm wide)
2. Juice the lemon, removing any seeds
3. Add halloumi to a container that can be stored in the fridge.
4. Add lemon juice, thyme, Jarrah Honey, chilli and pepper to the container. Mix well so all the mixture is spread out over the halloumi.
5. Place container in the fridge for minimum 1hour. It can be left overnight. Give the mix a little stir when removed from the fridge so the flavours again equally cover the cheese.
6. Add a small amount of olive oil to a pan over low heat.
7. Once heated, add the halloumi pieces to the pan. Turn pieces over every 1minute to ensure they don't stick or burn.
8. Once golden, remove from pan.
9. When serving, pour the remaining juice from the container over the cheese. We recommend serving with a nice salad, such as a tomato and cucumber salad.
We hope you enjoy.