A wonderful, warm start to the morning that will keep you full for longer. Oats have many wonderful properties, including being rich in fibre, protein, and other important vitamins and minerals. Eating them with fruit and honey gives you a balanced breakfast with a delicious taste.
1/3 cup of oats (select wholegrain oats, not rolled oats)
3/4 cup of milk of choice
1 small banana
1tsp Forest Fresh Active Honey (Marri, Karri or Jarrah are all great options for this recipe)
1tbsp chopped walnuts
1. Place oats in a microwave proof bowl.
2. Add cinnamon to dry oats, mix.
3. Pour in milk to oats and cinnamon, mix.
4. Place bowl in microwave on HIGH for 1minute 30seconds. Microwave strength will vary so monitor every 30seconds to ensure the oats haven't bubbled over the top.
5. Stir oats mix and place back in microwave for an additional 30seconds. Continue microwaving until happy with the consistency.
6. Add sliced banana, walnuts and Forest Fresh Honey to the top of the porridge. Allow to cool slightly.
We hope you enjoy.